Stay Refund Policy
The purpose of this document is to define Stays refund policy as it applies to various situations. By using the Stay platform, you agree to abide by this policy. Decisions made by Stay under this policy are final and binding.
There are a number of situations that could occur which would result in a refund. A cancelled booking, a booking change, or an Accommodation Issue as defined below are a few examples. In general, when any situation arises requiring a refund, Stay will process the refund within 2 business days of confirming the amount of the refund based on the circumstances.
Refund Due to Standard Cancellation Request
The amount of a refund which is a result of a standard cancellation request will be based on the Stay Cancellation Policy. In the case of a standard cancellation request, a refund request is generated automatically on your behalf.
Refunds under Other Policies and Standards
In some cases, refunds may be calculated and processed based on other policies, such as our Extenuating Circumstances Policy, or due to an Accommodation Issue. If you feel that your situation falls into this category, please contact the Stay Support Centre to assist you with your cancellation and refund request.
Generally, a situation where an accommodation is unavailable, inaccessible, sub-standard or materially not as represented in the listing provided by the Host could fall under the category of an Accommodation Issue, and entitled a Guest to a refund. Some examples of these situations are as follows:
- upon arrival, a Guest is unable to access the property;
- amenities specifically noted in the listing are absent, unavailable, or non-operational;
- the size and location of the property are not as described in the listing;
- the property does not meet reasonable standards for cleanliness.
The situation that qualifies as an Accommodation Issue as defined in this policy and as determined at Stay’s sole discretion may qualify for a full or partial refund, and rebooking assistance.
General Rules Regarding Guest Refund Requests
There are some general rules which apply to refund requests made by Guests.
- Refund requests must be made by the Guest who booked the stay.
- Other than a standard cancellation, you must not be the cause of the issue that is resulting in the refund request.
- If requesting a refund due to an Accommodation Issue:
- unless otherwise instructed by Stay, you must attempt to remediate the issue with the Host
- for any issue that should have been immediately apparent, you must request the cancellation and refund within 24 hours of check-in;
- for issues not immediately apparent, you must request the cancellation and refund within 24 hours of identifying an issue;
- you must agree to vacate the premises;
- you agree to provide us with any photographic or other evidence as may be requested.
Stay will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to refund all or part of the booking fee, and to assist with the rebooking.
As a host, you are obligated to ensure that you:
- represent your listing as accurately as possible;
- maintain your property to a standard that aligns with the description in your listing.
If Stay issues a refund to a guest, you agree to reimburse Stay for the amount of the refund plus any fees incurred by Stay in relocating the Guest by authorizing Stay to set off the amount from future payouts, or, in the case where sufficient payouts are not available for Stay to recover the refund amount within 30 days, you authorize Stay to charge your Payout Method.
Stay reserves the right to modify this policy at any time in its sole discretion. If this policy is modified, the changes will be posted on the Stay website stayapp.co.